Complaints and Dispute Resolutions Procedure
Green Door’s REA licensed agent division is committed to handling any complaints received or disputes arising in as fair, as responsible, as professional and as prompt a manner as possible.
Our in-house Complaints and Dispute Resolutions Procedure is as follows:
1. In the first instance, any client or customer who feels the need to make a complaint should contact the manager (who may also be the business owner) of the relevant office. You will need to specify which licensee (ie. salesperson) the complaint is about, the address of the property in question and provide him/her with a detailed written explanation of the complaint you wish to make.
Once the manager (or business owner) has received your complaint, he/she will acknowledge and notify you that he/she has received it and he/she will then investigate the complaint and respond within 10 working days to try and resolve the matter with you directly.
2. If the complainant is not satisfied with the response they have received from the manager, they should take their complaint directly to the business owner (if other than the manager).
3. Should the complainant still not be satisfied at the outcome at this stage, then the complainant may make their complaint known in writing to the Principal Franchisor at Green Door’s Head Office: PO Box 31774, Milford, North Shore, Auckland.
4. The Principal Franchisor will respond to the complainant following his/her review of the circumstances surrounding the complaint made.
5. In the unlikely case that the complainant is still not satisfied with the outcome, the Principal Franchisor will suggest a further course of action that may involve independent mediation.
Once you have been through the Company’s complaints procedure and, in the unlikely event you are not satisfied with our response/action, you may wish to take your complaint to the Real Estate Authority.
Please note that clients and customers may access the REA’s complaints process without first using our in-house complaints process. Equally, any use made of our in-house procedure does not preclude a complainant from also taking their complaint to the Authority.
Green Door locations near you:
For all your real estate
Real Estate Updates